The ‚ÄúSophomore Checklist‚ÄĚ is a guide to help you make the most of your sophomore year. Integrate these suggestions into your academic goals.
- Know your advisor. Meet with your academic advisor(s) to discuss short and long term academic plans.
- If you’ve decided on a major, meet with your advisor to discuss your class schedule to ensure you are on track to complete your degree within the time frame you have planned.
- Make sure you are enrolled for the prerequisites needed to advance in your major.
- Consider adding a Minor to your degree.
- Check your on a daily basis.
- Visit your professors during their office hours at least once a semester.
- Challenge yourself to get better grades than you did in the previous semester.
- Familiarize yourself with the and .
- Utilize academic support or tutor services. Smarthinking is online tutoring that can be accessed through your portal or Canvas.
- Visit the Writing Center for assistance with written assignments.
- Visit the Career Center.
- Take the FOCUS 2 assessment to help with major and career decisions. If you have not done so revisit the assessment to see if it still aligns with your future goals.
- The Career Center can help you build your resume and/or CV along with interview tips.
- Attend the Career Fair. Lindenwood hosts a Career Fair each semester.
- Look at or apply for internships you may be interested in.
- Get to know your professors and ask them how they found their field of study.
- Now is a good time to investigate opportunities.
- Join at least one club or organization related to your career field or major.
- Take advantage of volunteer opportunities.
- Submit your and supporting documents by the federal, state and college deadlines.
- Meet with Financial Aid Services to discuss your financial package or to learn about ways to finance your education.
- Apply for scholarships and grants.
- Browse on-campus job opportunities.
There are other opportunities and resources available to you, in addition to those listed above. The most successful students are those who explore new possibilities and take advantage of all that Lindenwood has to offer!
- Economic Education Center
Esports Performance and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Participate in Research
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- Participate in Research
Center for Engaged Learning
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Student Academic Showcase
- Academic Services
- First-Year Programs
Student Academic Support Services (SASS)
Academic Support Services
- Academic Support Services